There are certain things that you just don’t say to someone after they cross the finish line of a difficult race. Here are a few favorites.
10. Maybe running/biking/swimming just isn’t your thing.
9. Times aren’t everything.
8. What went wrong out there?
7. Did you see that eighty-year-old ahead of you?
6. Does this mean we can go home now?
5. Is it finally out of your system?
4. Maybe you should train harder next time.
3. They’re out of the cookies.
2. It’s good you’re done, they’re starting to take down stuff.
1. This CANNOT be said if you beat the person you’re saying it to. “Good job out there.” Translation: but not as good as me.
Has anyone ever said anything to you at the finish line that you just wanted to slug them for?